Rebecca HartwigVice President, Membership
Manage the membership function to successfully achieve an increase in chapter membership. Guide the activities of the following committees: volunteers, membership, membership directory, awards, and hospitality.
- The members of the chapter
- The chapter president
- State council membership and at-large director
- Direct and support the activities of chairs and members of the volunteers committee, membership committee, membership directory committee, awards committee, and hospitality committee. Coordinate their activities to support the chapter's mission. Recruit members to serve on these committees.
- Compile membership data reports and prepare dashboard for board review.
- Respond to requests for information about membership through telephone calls, personal contacts, and correspondence.
- Assist the membership directory chair for the publishing of the annual membership directory and addendums for distribution.
- Maintain supplies of membership materials: applications, informational brochures, etc.
- Carry out ad hoc assignments of president (e.g., membership promotion, recommendation of membership criteria changes, etc.)
- Plan prospective member events.
- Obtain quarterly lists of at-large members (SHRM members who are not members of any chapter) in your area through the online request form. Source those lists to invite at-large members to your chapter events.
- Act as a liaison between the board of directors and the committee chairs.
- Attend monthly membership and board of directors meetings.
- Participate in the SHRM Membership Core Leadership Area conference calls and webcasts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Complete other assignments as requested by the president or the board of directors.