Carrie SheltonVice President, Diversity
Serve as an appointed member of the chapter board of directors. Monitor and evaluate on a continuing basis local activities concerning diversity issues. Spearhead the effort to diversify the chapter's membership/leadership and to publicize successful diversity programs in the local community.
- The members of the chapter
- The chapter president
- State council diversity director
- Develop and/or distribute information and materials to chapter members to promote diversity in the workplace.
- Publicize to chapter members examples of successful diversity efforts being undertaken by chapter members in their particular workplaces.
- Identify minorities and other individuals with diverse backgrounds in the local area who might be interested in joining the chapter.
- Identify current chapter members with diverse backgrounds who might be interested in volunteer leadership opportunities.
- Be available for presentations if and when appropriate, or help to identify both diversity programs/speakers for conferences or chapter programs and speakers with diverse backgrounds for conferences or chapter programs.
- Network with other diversity directors from other chapters within the state.
- Coordinate efforts in developing diversity initiatives that can serve as models for other chapters.
- Participate in SHRM Diversity Core Leadership Area conference calls and webcasts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Attend all monthly membership and board of directors meetings.