Charles MiddletonTreasurer and Chapter Management Professional
Manages the financial affairs of the society. Maintains and updates the membership and event management database. Monitors the chapter mailbox and distributes mail to the appropriate officer, director, or chair. Send dues notices and other invoices to members. File appropriate forms and information with IRS. Take minutes of chapter meetings; provide notice of meetings and general correspondence. Maintain chapter records and history.
- The members of the chapter
- The chapter president
- The CMP is a paid position, authorized to vote on society matters. As an officer of the chapter, is a responsible member of the chapter's board of directors and must take part in discussion and action on all business of the chapter. As financial advisor of the chapter, the CMP must be in a position to assess the financial implications of proposed actions by the board of directors and inform the committee prior to final decisions being made. Also, the CMP must observe the financial direction of the chapter, recognize possible financial problems, and bring such problems to the attention of the board of directors for action.
- The CMP shall receive, hold, and safeguard in the capacity of trustee and financial agent, all funds for the chapter.
- The CMP shall disburse such funds only for normal and usual uses unless the chapter's board of directors shall otherwise direct.
- Upon the advice of the president, the CMP should issue notice of officer and board of directors' meetings. After consultation with the president, the CMP could prepare copies of the agenda for such meetings.
- Maintain a record of attendance and prepare the minutes of all officers' and directors' meetings and regular chapter meetings.
- Keep an up-to-date roster of names and addresses of all chapter members. If addresses are changed, the CMP should notify SHRM headquarters.
- Distribute to the membership all meeting announcements, newsletters, and other information.
- Transmit all necessary annual election information to the membership and advise SHRM through the use of the online Chapter Leader Information Form (CLIF).
- Handle all correspondence in relation to SHRM membership applications and forward all applications to SHRM upon receipt.
- File in the Chapter Procedures Manual or other permanent record:
- Those original chapter bylaws and dated copies of each amendment to those bylaws.
- A list of current officers, committee members, and general membership.
- Copies of all chapter publications.
- Approved and signed minutes of all board of directors and membership meetings.
- Chapter Charter
- Legal documents such as IRS Letters of Determination, Articles of Incorporation
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Attend all monthly membership and board of directors meetings.