Vice President, Sponsorships
Phone (Work): 405-513-8922
Identify and acquire sponsors for chapter meetings and events who are willing to assist the chapter financially in return for an opportunity to promote their product or service to members. Conduct benchmarking and networking activities necessary for creating a viable sponsor program.
- The members of the chapter
- The chapter president
- Network with other SHRM chapters and the Chamber of Commerce to obtain leads for potential sponsors.
- Identify other opportunities for networking with area businesses and organizations to obtain sponsor leads.
- Formulate and present standard proposals for sponsorship terms and conditions (based on benchmarks from other local chapters) to the chapter board of directors for pre-approval.
- Negotiate with potential sponsors regarding terms and conditions for chapter sponsorship arrangements.
- Communicate with the sponsors, in writing, chapter expectations and limitations applicable to solicitation of members.
- Form a committee, as needed, to assist in the logistics of sponsorship presentations at chapter events.
- Communicate with the treasurer to assure that pledged sponsor financial consideration is received and deposited in chapter account prior to function.
- Communicate with the program chair to assure that sponsorship activities are coordinated with the event that they are sponsoring.
- Follow up with the sponsor, prior to the event, to assure that all expectations (on both sides) are met.
- Communicate with sponsors following the event to determine if they were pleased with response and to see if they would be interested in sponsoring future events.
- Attend all monthly membership and board of directors meetings.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.