Provide timely and comprehensive information to chapter members about programs, workshops, and other matters of interest via chapter publications. Provide timely and comprehensive information and other matters of interest about the chapter to external resources. Create and maintain a favorable image of the chapter working for the professional development of its members by: (a) keeping membership informed of chapter projects, activities and upcoming meetings, and (b) disseminating relevant professional information viewed as beneficial to the members. Serve on the newsletter, Web site, and membership roster committees.
- The members of the chapter
- The chapter president
- Support the editor of the chapter’s monthly publication and ensure that members receive timely, topical information via social media and other delivery channels.
- Provide support, direction, and leadership to committees.
- Recruit assistance from the membership and the board for articles, survey questions, etc.
- Coordinate production of the newsletter and production schedule.
- Compile, edit, design, and lay out the final copy of the newsletter. Ensure that issues are distributed (via mail or e-mail) in a timely manner. Establish a reporting network, plan issue, and write the final copy (or edit copy supplied by others) for each issue. Maintain web site for content and design.
- Maintain membership roster and distribute to members as appropriate.
- Provide updates at the board of directors meetings.
- Attend all monthly membership and board of directors meetings.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.