Vice President, College Relations
Phone (Work): 580-583-9192
Manage the scholarship program, internship program, and college outreach efforts.
- The members of the chapter
- The chapter president
- State council college relations director
- Develop scholarship application evaluation criteria and design the appropriate materials.
- Promote the scholarship program and internship program to local colleges and universities.
- Evaluate applications and recommend recipients.
- Make recommendations on changes to scholarship program (i.e., scholarship amount, number of recipients).
- Oversee the internship program. Send out requests to local HR professionals/chapter members requesting internship postings. Forward openings to members of local student chapters or to faculty members.
- Collaborate with the UCO HR Student Chapter officers and sponsors to determine opportunities where OCHRS members can support and assist the chapter.
- Communicate with local faculty/colleges to provide classroom visits to discuss HR topics, the Chapter, internships/scholarships, SHRM membership, etc. Act as mentor to college students seeking a career in HR.
- Recommend community service projects to be supported by the chapter.
- Serve as liaison between members of the college relations committee.
- Participate in the SHRM College Relations Core Leadership Area conference calls and webcasts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Attend all monthly membership and board of directors meetings.