Vice President - Programs
SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-SCP
Phone (Mobile): 405-831-8316
Manage the activities of the Programs committee to provide recurring monthly, annual and ad-hoc programs for the chapter membership.
- The chapter president
- The members of the chapter
- Chair meetings of the programs committee to select topics and speakers for chapter programs and to provide information on topics of broad interest to members.
- Recruit members to serve on programs committee.
- Select the site/location for the programs and meet with site personnel about services, etc.
- Negotiate contracts with site personnel, vendors, hotels, caterers, speakers, etc.
- Develop a timeline and budget for the programs.
- Create and distribute meeting agendas, nametags and announcement presentation decks.
- Coordinate efforts with state chapters and state council to best serve the membership.
- Serve as resource to committee members in arranging periodic/regular meetings of the committee.
- Contact potential speakers and make arrangements for selected meetings to meet recertification and education needs of the membership. Partner with certification chair to secure SHRM and HRCI activity codes for programming.
- Provide information regarding programs and services to the administrative office, newsletter editor, members, and others through presentations, written communications, and personal contact.
- Promote the programs to chapter members, state council members, and at-large members as well as any other possible attendees.
- Review final preparations to assure that programs runs smoothly.
- Review program evaluations for feedback to be used in planning future events.