Phone (Mobile): 405-206-2211
Provide leadership to the local chapter consistent with state, regional, and SHRM policy, strategies and objectives. Effectively operate the chapter so that the needs of the members are met. Perform other duties as required by the local chapter’s bylaws. Serve as a voting member of the state council.
- The members of the chapter
- The state council director
- Conduct the business of the chapter in accordance with the chapter bylaws and serve as chairperson of the chapter’s board of directors.
- Preside over the activities of all officers and directors, as well as standing committees, to ensure the accomplishment of chapter goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Monitor the use, accounting, and handling of the chapter funds.
- Chair all meetings of chapter officers and members.
- Participate in/Lead the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter.
- Represent the chapter in the human resources community.
- Attend state council meetings and actively participate in state council matters. Provide information to state council as an elected representative of the chapter. Appoint proxy to attend state council meetings when unable to attend.
- Maintain communication with the state council director and the SHRM Regional Team.
- Communicate state, regional and/or SHRM’s goals, policies, and programs to chapter members. Represent the state council to local chapter leaders and the membership.
Must be an SHRM member in good standing for entire term of office.