Meetings & Events
LATE REGISTRATION ONLY: R.O.C.K. your Job - How to prepare yourself and your workforce to deliver exceptional results Sponsored by Paychex
Will Rogers Theatre, Oklahoma City, OK
LATE REGISTRATION ONLY
Our April Program
R.O.C.K. your Job - How to prepare yourself and your workforce to deliver exceptional results
Successful people do things (usually simple things) that others are unwilling to do. “R.O.C.K. your Job” enforces the use of beneficial professional practices essential for HR business leaders. And, “R.O.C.K. your Job” will help all HR professionals improve or implement people development and talent management processes and policies for higher retention and increased productivity.
1. Recognize what others expect from you. Develop good active listening skills to gather important information from others and minimize miscommunication which is vital for coaching, mentoring, and interviewing.
2. Over-deliver. Accomplish more important things in a shorter amount of time. Discover the #1 thing you must absolutely do to properly manage your time and prioritize your to-do list; using S.M.A.R.T. written business goals to drive your work activity. Learn how to judge if your employees are using business goals aligned with the vision and mission of the organization to guide their daily work and decision making.
3. Company Visibility. Apply successful networking tips and tricks to influence who knows you and what they know about you. Learn what you should teach employees about properly networking.
4. Know what they think of you. Influence how other people perceive you by deploying techniques and gaining the courage to seek out regular feedback. Grasp the significance of integrating consistent feedback as part of your performance management process. Learn how to encourage managers (and train employees to expect) frequent supportive and directive performance feedback.
Wendy is no stranger to the oil and gas industry after working ten years as a Petroleum Engineer in engineering and business leadership roles. She also served as a Lead Engineering Recruiter and College Partner with ConocoPhillips for the University of Oklahoma.
Wendy enjoys bringing out the best in others and motivating people to commit to lifetime learning. She encourages her audiences to strive for continued personal growth in a very entertaining and interactive way. She has served as a guest lecturer for academia, industry, church, and professional organizations. Wendy is currently a stay-at-home Mother and owner of a professional speaking & consulting business, Wendy Calvin, LLC. Wendy is also the Business Manager for her husband’s medical practice.
Wendy received a Bachelors degree in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Oklahoma and a Masters in Business Administration with an Accounting Certificate in Energy from the University of Houston. Wendy is a Licensed Professional Engineer (Inactive) in the State of Texas. She and her husband are blessed with three young boys and live in Edmond, Oklahoma.
One scalable platform for all HR needs
Recruit, hire, pay, and manage your workforce all in one place — from any desktop or mobile device — with Paychex Flex®, a complete, enterprise-grade HCM solution scaled to your business.
- Recruiting and applicant tracking
- Time and attendance
- Hiring and onboarding
- Payroll processing
- Health & benefits administration
- HR records management
For more information about Paychex, visit https://www.paychex.com/
“The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.”
OCHRS is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.